This is the famous "Ten Questions" as popularized by James Lipton on "Inside the Actor's Studio," originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire..
- What is your favourite word? Onomatopoeia- it’s fun to say. I also like Albuquerque, probably because it was the first word that I used a cognitive technique to memorise the spelling of- I am normally a terrible speller.
- What is your least favourite word? Scab- it used to be moist, but I love baking and moist is always a positive word in the world of baking/cooking. I used to really hate the phrase moist scab. Eeww.
- What turns you on? Humour, wit, passion, humility, chivalry
- What turns you off? Pretentiousness, dullness, close-mindedness and ignorance
- What sound do you love? I cannot lie and I don't care if it's cliche... my favourite truly is the sound of Liam’s laugh. Sometimes I will tickle him until my fingertips are sore just to hear him giggle. It is utterly infectious and totally heart melting. I also love the sound of the tide coming in gently over the stones and rocks on the seashore, but I am so infrequently by the sea that it exists merely as a memory these days.
- What sound do you hate? 5 Sports live- I have begun to loathe sports because I have a sport obsessed husband who watches sports, reads about sports on our satellite TV, listens to sports and sports talk every second he gets. Who cares what Bob the Builder from Coventry thinks about Alex Ferguson’s comments on the Chelsea match?!?! Not me. Every Tom, Dick and Harry has something to stand up on their soap box and comment about- it’s just noise to me, annoying never-ending noise.
- What is your favourite curse word? I wouldn’t say I have a ‘favourite’ curse word, but I do use the f word way too much. I need to curb that habit before Liam’s next word is a nasty one!
- What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I would love to be a luxury holiday television presenter/ travel journalist. Exotic locations, sumptuous suites… now that’s what I call work!
- What profession would you not like to do? A podiatrist or chiropodist, anything with feet really. I don’t mind mine or Liam’s, but the rest of you have gross feet with the toe jam and the hard skin and the weird looking pinky toe… barf!
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gate? I would love to hear God say “excellent, the entertainment is here,” but I fear he will say “I think we both know you got the wrong bus” and I’ll say “ Oh sorry, I’m always getting my 6s and my 9s mixed up, but since I’m already here…”
Did I tell you that for my friend’s Halloween hen night (bachelorette party) I dressed up as a pregnant nun (I was 36 weeks pregnant)? I think I booked my ticket then and there.