Spring

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Springtime

I realise it has been a while since my last post. My Internet connection at home is painfully slow at the minute. Not much has been going on round the Reynolds household. We're starting to do some spring cleaning and planning what we will be doing with the garden. I'm thinking decking and some raised beds for organic vegetables. I need to get started on that over Easter break. We're also starting to fill in the settlement cracks around the house and repaint. I'm going to try and do one room at a time rather than do bits here and there and never fully finish a room.

Here's Liam looking cute in some of his left over US clothes. I went a little crazy last Autumn and bought like mad. He's in 18-24 US and some 2 Ts and 24ms. I'm going to have to stock up on 2-3 years during our trip back home in June. We had our 15 month check up last week and his MMR shot. He was a very brave boy, but not at all impressed with the shots. I had to give him extra hugs and kisses. Next time, I'm sending Ollie to do it. It just breaks my heart to see him upset. He weighed in at a healthy 11.9kg (26.25lbs- 75th percentile) and a long 83 cms (32.6 ins-90th percentile)
His vocabulary is coming along really well and I notice a new word each week. He's saying around 18-20 words and is able to say a few phrases (all gone, all done, the ball). He's very active and would rather walk and run about than be pushed in the buggy (stroller). He's still sleeping very well for us- 7pm - 7/7:30 am with a 1-2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon. His appetite is as ferocious as ever and he loves to try new foods. His favourite is sausages, mashed potatoes and peas.
The Phillies hoodie that Jake and Lora sent over is still a little long in the arms, but he loves it. How cute and curly is his hair! It's a lovely light to medium brown at the minute. He's so cute.

I just thought he looked cute in these pictures. It's so hard to get a photo of him these days- he's no longer a ham for the camera like his mommy.

My basil plant is thriving in the background of this photo. I also have a coriander plant (cilantro), but it's not doing as well. I normally kill off my plants, so I'm happy to see at least one surviving.

We headed to the park this weekend for a playdate with Jacqui's wee girl, Isabella.

Can you believe that she is only 27 months!!!! She is in 3-4 year clothing and could easily pass for a 4 year old. I'm not sure what she's feeding her, but she's certainly changed from the 5lb premature little baby that came home with Jacqui in 2007!
Liam looking adorable.
And another big smile for mommy. He loves the swings and the slides. I'll have to put pictures up of my lovely mother's day present (mother's day in the UK is in March). I had a wonderful day full of flowers and homemade dinner (Ollie made a great meal for us all) and a cute mug and pictures and a card Liam made a daycare. Very cute.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love it! I miss that sweatshirt, and I've scoured the town for another one like it with no luck. Enjoy it while it fits, soon his arms will be sticking out 3 inches from those cuffs!

susie km said...

thrilled to see how my "wee grand son" is growing!! Cannot get over how much he looks like you LuLu, but I also see alot of Oliver in those smiles too! Keep those pics coming, its great to see him grow!! Love to all, mom/grandma, NJ