Spring

Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Leaving a couple of treats for Santa on Christmas Eve. We ran out of our Christmas cookies, but I made a dozen cupcakes so Santa got a Guinness and cupcake and Rudolf got a yummy carrot. Liam has his wellies on because we had just finished sprinkling some reindeer dust in the front yard so that Santa and his reindeer knew were to land.Liam was up bright and early- think we had a 6 am wake up call. He was very excited this year to get all of his goodies from Santa. His favourite so far seems to be his new easel- a bargain find at Ikea. We're hoping this allows him to express his creative side on somewhere other than the walls of his bedroom!
He's still big into toy story and loves playdoh too. He ripped through all of his presents in record time and then opened all of ours too! Our house is over run with toys and clothes and books and dvds following Christmas and Liam's birthday.
A family shot. I look exhausted and you can see my growing bump. We had a lovely dinner at Anne's house this year. I hosted the last 2 years, but was given a break this year seeing as I'm 8 months pregnant! I made a tasty cranberry and clementine sauce and Apple pie for desert.
We've had a lovely Christmas this year- it's been fairly quiet and we've enjoyed lazying about the house, watching new movies and playing with new toys. Can't wait to give the new wii a proper go- I'm reluctant to go on the Wii Fit Plus because it doesn't have a pregnancy setting and I don't want to be told I'm obese!
We're both back to work on Tuesday (depressing), but on the bright side I've only a few weeks left until I leave for maternity and then I'll not be back until October/ November. Yea! So the next 7 weeks are all about getting ready for baby- decorating the nursery and getting Liam settled into his new room, washing and organising baby clothes and general nesting activities. Ollie and I will also try and get a couple of nights out before bambino arrives as I'm sure we'll not be out properly for a while after!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see all those "new" photos, keep em' coming!! Want to see that "bump" of yours, preferably a side view. Liam looks sooooo tall next to your christmas tree this year.Are you guys still stretching your first born on a daily basis?! Ha,ha!! love to all from Nana Jersey...SM