Spring

Monday 3 December 2007

Still effing pregnant...

Right, offically over due and not a happy bunny. I had all of these great signs last week, but this kid isn't ready to go anywhere! Each night I would go to bed all optimistic and excited that I'd be woken up with a strong contraction and rush off to the hospital, but each morning I have woken up disappointed and rather pissed off. I'm done! This turkey is ready, but the freakin plastic popper thing hasn't popped up!! UGHHHH!!!!

Breathe. Okay, so I went for reflexology again today and she worked hard on my uterus, cervix and general lady areas- on my feet of course. She did say that a few sessions can help to bring on labour, but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore and set myself up for a let down. I just need to focus on other things. I remember when we started trying to get pregnant at the beginning of the year. I went off alcohol and was eating 9 portions of fruit and veg a day and taking my temperature and plotting my ovulation cycle/ fertility times... made it super sexy for Ollie. I was so disappointed each month when I got my period. Then in March I went to London for a conference, had a good piss up and forgot about it... and then I got pregnant. I guess it's true when they say a watched kettle never boils. I'm going to try and take my mind off of it and maybe that will do the trick!

I'm scheduled for induction this Sunday, 9 December, so baby should be here by this time next week. I really hope s/he decides to make an appearence before then because I'm really not looking forward to induction, but what will be will be.

Hope to post some good news and pictures of our beautiful wee baby soon! Till then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well its sunday the 9th, so i guess you are going in for induction today. i know everything will be just fine. good luck, and i can't wait to know if there is a little girl or boy waiting to meet us all!!
-Lorie