Spring

Thursday 21 August 2008

Lora’s Challenge

Lora recently challenged her loyal blog readers to see how Proctor and Gambleised (it’s a word, sort of) their lives were. I’ve always tried to boycott P&G ever since I signed a petition at a Princeton health food store when I was 20. This is mostly because they were testing on animals. To be fair, I’m not sure if they have changed that policy but it’s kind of always stuck with me. For the past 10 years I’ve been pretty successful until Liam arrived and I started using Pampers. I have tried the other brands- Huggies leaked through on too many occasions and Nature Babycare cannot handle the overnight pee pees. I’m still using Nature Babycare during the day because I would never leave my child in a wet nappy for more than a few hours so they work fine. I seem to have developed superhuman smell since I first fell pregnant- I can smell a poopy or pee-pee from down the block. At one time I had even entertained the idea of reusable nappies, but there aren’t any local nappy-washing services and I just don’t have the time to wash them myself.

My toothpaste is Colgate, my shower gel and deodorant Dove, my make up and face wash Clinique or Lancome and my hair products and moisturiser always Aveda. I’ve used Aveda since I first moved to Philly in 1999. My aunt had gotten the shampure range as a gift, but regifted to me (well, she just gave it to me) and I’ve been addicted ever since. Heather used to always say the smell of the confixor reminded her of me- Buffy the Vampire Slayer always reminds me of Heather. Whenever I go home or my family come here, they bring me the moisturiser and the super size shampoo and conditioners. I just can’t justify buying it over here, because it costs an absolute fortune- try double the price!

Persil for laundry and washing up liquid, comfort pure fabric softener, and can’t remember what dishwasher tablets I use. I hardly ever buy bounty because I try and use the recycled brands. So, I’m not too bad. Not too bad.

2 comments:

Lora said...

good girl! I can't believe how lazy I've gotten about my convictions since becoming a mother. It haunts me!

I am a Colgate girl too, but for some reason I have Crest mouthwash in my house right now. Maybe a sale? Who knows. I have found that the P&G brands are on sale most at Target, and I have made a filthy habit of picking up whatever is on sale. I'm stopping!

Heather-Anne said...

Hmmm...I love that smell, sometimes when I am in the grocery I pick it up and take a whiff. IT almost like a hug from 1ooo's a miles away.