Spring

Thursday 21 August 2008

Old friends

I love facebook. I don’t spend every waking minute on it and I hardly ever use my blackberry to check my page for updates (hardly ever), but I’ve reconnected with loads of friends from middle school, high school and college and old colleagues. With some people it’s been 12 years since I last saw or spoke to them. How much our lives have changed! Some have children, some living in different states or different countries, some with really interesting jobs and some that really haven’t changed that much at all. I’m notoriously bad at keeping in touch with people. This was the case long before Liam arrived so I cannot blame it on being a busy working mother. I can go months and months without emailing people. What was my point? Oh, even though I haven’t spoken to some of these friends in years, it still seems like yesterday. I don’t feel 30. I don’t feel thousands of miles and many timezones away. Although when I go back to the states it doesn’t feel like home anymore, when I see my friends I remember my time with them like it was yesterday.

I miss seeing my girls everyday, but I suppose that makes the times I do see them even more special! Can't wait for my October trip!

No comments: