Spring

Sunday 25 January 2009

An old bag for an old bag?

Thanks to a recent tagging by my friend Heather I find myself blogging about my bag fashion. I remember when I would search the department store for the smallest bag available- the kind that would barely fit my driver's license, lipstick and a few twenties. These days it seems like I cannot find a bag big enough to fit all of the little necessities mommyhood requires.
Luckily, I found a great fossil bag for $180 about 2 1/2 years ago at Macy's. I initially bought this for work- it was big enough to fit my laptop, notes, a book and research, but still small enough to fit under the seat in front of me on the plane. These days it hardly ever has work in it. Instead you'll find wipes, shoes, socks, pacifiers, toys, drink cups, snacks, my keys, phone and wallet... in fact this post reminds me I need to clean it out.


It's held up really well and I would definitely recommend the brand- the leather is nice wearing and practical... well sort of... I have a suspicion it is contributing to my aching shoulder and back (or that could be Liam). Liam has a little backpack for daycare that I keep an extra change of clothes and nappies- this tends to be close at hand in the car. And sometimes I dust off one of my nice Coach bags or a little clutch, but this is rare.

No comments: