Spring

Wednesday 6 April 2011

1 month!!

Well our little man is already a month old! He had another check up with the health visitor at 4 weeks and is gaining like a champ... up to 11lbs! Liam was 11lbs 4ozs at 4 weeks and considering that he was more than 1lb heavier than Cian at birth, he's certainly doing well and thriving! I'm still struggling a bit with breast feeding. Unfortunately I'm not producing a lot of milk and this means he needs a top up at each feed with a bottle. He's latching and nursing well, I'm just not making enough for his hungry tummy. I'm okay with it and will just continue nursing and bottle feeding- I know he's getting the best of both worlds.
I forgot how significant the milestones are at this young age. He hit a month and started smiling like crazy, cooing all of the time and staying awake for longer periods throughout the day. He's such a sweet boy. He has a pretty laid back/relaxed personality- it's probably because we are so much more relaxed with him.
He's sleeping pretty well for us at night. He normally goes down for 4-5 hours from 10pm and then another 3 hours after his 2-3am feed. I'm still pretty exhausted, especially with Liam to run around with. I'm happy that my mom is here for 2 weeks. She's really going to entertain him!
Brotherly love... Liam loves to hold his wee brother especially when I have the camera out!

1 comment:

Heather-Anne said...

He looks so much bigger already! They grow so fast. The boys look so sweet together. Give them lots and lots of snuggles from us here. I am doing a little homemade gift for both of them, and hope to have it finished up this weekend and in the mail on Monday. Love you ALL!