Spring

Monday 25 April 2011

Nana Jersey's visit

My mom came for a 2 week visit and arrived just before mother's day (in the UK/Ireland). We spent the Saturday looking through all of the goodies she brought over- clothes, toys, food... and let her get some cuddles in with the boys before heading to bed early to try and beat the jet lag.

Sunday was mother's day so we went to early mass and then headed to St George's market for a bit. Liam got his face painted like a tiger- he loves having his face painted! Ollie made us a tasty mother's day dinner and we exchanged some cards and gifts.
My mom was a great help over her stay- especially with Liam. I feel bad that Ollie and I haven't been able to give him as much attention since Cian's arrival. I also dropped Liam down to 3 days in daycare so he's now with me on a Monday and Wednesday. So she really entertained him while I took care of Cian- nursing, pumping, nappy changing and all that fun! Every night mom would take Liam up to bed and spend an hour telling him stories- they had the best time together.

We had a few trips out to the park and indoor play areas. We lucked out with good weather for most of her stay.

We also got a lot of organising and cleaning accomplished which had become a low priority since Cian's arrival. She was also able to sample some of my homemade cooking and baking which is pretty darn good (if I do say so myself).

Nana and Liam enjoying some ice cream in the sunshine...
Pudgy little man...
Nana with her two boys.
Thanks for all of your help mom. Liam still asks for you each night. I'm going to get this picture framed and put up in his room.

No comments: