Spring

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Aunt Linda's visit

My aunt came over for just over 2 weeks at the end of May, beginning of June. It was so nice to have her here to help entertain Liam, love up Cian and help me organise the house a bit. The weather was less than impressive with low temperatures and mostly rainy or cloudy days... damn Irish weather!
She helped me get things prepared for the christening and was the official photographer on the day. We visited with Anne and Aunt Annie, hit the shops, visited the farm and the park. She introduced Liam to Banana ice cream, which is now his favourite ever!

I love this shot of Aunt Annie and Cian...

Aunt Lin and the wee man...
The weather got nicer towards the end of Aunt Lin's visit and we were able to get to the park for some fooling around...Spiderman...
We went to Springvale farm to see the animals. The weather was a bit crazy- one minute sunshine, the next clouds and rain. It was a nice day getting to see all of the little animals. Here's Liam hamming it up with me and Cian (wonder where he got that from?)
Big boy gets to go on his own in the barrel ride!
Nice shot of the boys.At the start of our development there are a few shops- hairdressers, tanning salon, chemist and village store. The village store was celebrating it's 1 year anniversary and threw a little family fun day with a bouncy castle, sumo wrestling, dj, etc. Here's Liam showing off his prize for being such a great dancer...
I realised how much I missed her, my mom, grandma and the rest of my family and friends so... I'm heading home to the states for an extended holiday at the end of the summer! I'm off on maternity leave until November so the time couldn't be better. I'll have 4 weeks there with just me and the boys and then Ollie will join us for the final 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to not having to cram a million visits into 2 weeks and get to enjoy a holiday at home for once!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I can't wait for your visit!

Also, it tickles me that there are tanning salons in Ireland. I don't know why, but it does