Spring

Monday 25 July 2011

4 Months

Yes, I know, this is a really delayed update (as per usual these days). So the little man was 4 months at the beginning of the month. He is getting bigger and stronger with each passing day. I have him in US size 6-9 month clothing and he's outgrowing his UK size 3-6 month clothes already. He really is a big bruiser. I am visiting the baby clinic next Monday to have him weighed and measured but I think he's around 17 1/2 pounds and probably 70 cms. He is the same size, if not bigger than Liam was at this age. He's a pretty calm baby, but has his moments. He has found his hands and feet and spends a lot of time playing with both. He's mastered taking his dummy out and popping it back in. He is also rolling over back to tummy and tummy to back, something I found out unfortunately with a thud as he rolled off the bed- a good 4 rolls. Needless to say, he's no longer on my bed for anything. If I have forgotten something and I need to pop into another room, he goes straight on a blanket on the floor.

He started waking up in the middle of the night at 18/19 weeks for a feed, something he hasn't done since 3 or 4 weeks. So, I have started weaning him. We started with baby rice at 19 weeks. He was getting a bit constipated with just the rice and I also noticed a bit of eczema on the backs of his thighs and behind his ears. It's not severe and doesn't seem to be bothering him at all. I'm just making sure he's well oiled up after baths. We progressed at 20 weeks to a baby cereal in the morning and he didn't really like the taste, but after a few goes he seems to be taking to it. Last week (21 weeks) we started steamed pureed organic carrots which seems to have cured the constipation. This week we'll go for organic butternut squash and organic pureed apples. I love making him all of the little baby foods and watching as he tries something new.
The little man also seems to be teething. I bought him a Baltic amber teething anklet at 3 months because he was showing signs of teething then. He seems a bit better, but has very red rosy cheeks, is drooling constantly and gnawing away at anything he can.
He loves tummy time and flips onto his tummy pretty much as soon as I put him down. He grabs for everything, especially my hair, and loves looking at himself in the mirror. He is starting to babble a lot and loves to hear the sound of his voice. He has one piercing screech!
You can see his lovely eyes in this photo. They are getting bluer by the day. He has beautiful long and curled eyelashes- I'm very jealous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, just as
Liam Daniel was at this age too!!
Cian truly is taking on the Oliver Reynolds side of the family!! Boy you both can make some pretty good looking fellas!! Truly looking forward to your visit in about 4 wks from now. Can't wait...Love to all, Nana Jersey

Heather-Anne said...

Smooches from us! He is perfection of course.