Spring

Wednesday 2 January 2008

3 Weeks

Happy 3 Week birthday to Liam! The changes continue... He's now surpassed his birth weight and is at 10lbs 7ozs (although we did weigh him just after a feed, so perhaps it's not totally accurate). He's still quite a handful. He needs constant reassurance and we find that we are holding him all of the time to stop his cries. He's starting to wake ever couple of hours through the night which is so exhausting. I find it hard to keep my eyes open most days, but he's so alert during the day and only falls to sleep when someone is holding him that I can't really catch up on the sleep. Ollie is now back to work full time, but is taking a couple of days off next week to let me study for a final exam for one of my classes... school was a bit of a bad idea! But I'm so nearly finished that I'm going to just keep at it.

Some pictures...

My super handsome man! He has so much hair, he'll need a cut soon enough!

He's so strong. He can support his own head for a good few minutes. If I lie him on his tummy, he can lift his head. He's super alert and stares in your eyes when you speak to him. I think he can recognise me and Ollie already. He's also started taking notice of his mobile and watches the little aeroplanes and boats move around. He loves lights and turns his head towards them once they turn on. Think our wee man's pretty smart already!
Liam and mommy on the couch.
Other news- our house is nearly ready! 25th of January is our closing date. I'm so excited to get back into our own place. I can't wait to start decorating the house and getting Liam's nursery sorted!

2 comments:

Lora said...

He's beautiful Lu! And I promise it gets better, right around week 7 or so.

Heather-Anne said...

What a gorgeous little man you got!!! I can't believe how big he is getting already, in another week he'll be able to take Sammy.
Hang in there doll, it truely does get better...sleep deprivation is a little like a hangover with out the nausea...you just learn to function.