Spring

Friday 31 August 2007

23 weeks

The back pain continues. It’s almost unbearable at the end of the day. I mentioned this to the midwife at my last midwife appointment (7 weeks ago), but I’m not sure if she took me seriously. She seemed to be attributing it to a bit of weight gain and hormones. I’ve got to get this sorted out! Hopefully the yoga will help.

The baby is kicking like mad!! I was reading a book the other night in bed and I got this serious kick on the right side of my belly. Some force to it! It really took me off guard. The movements are also throughout the day, rather than just at night. The baby is stirring like mad. I feel a bit of movement when I wake up, mid morning, lunchtime, afternoon… this kid is up all of the time.

I’ve been really fortunate throughout my pregnancy in that I’ve not really had to pee like mad. I only get up once a night to run to the bathroom and I only really go two or three times during the day- which is pretty normal really. I was carrying a bit lower at the start, but seem like I’m carrying a bit higher now. I guess the baby isn’t pressing down on my bladder just yet. Latest pictures show I’m getting a bit bigger.

I’ve just started reading ‘Diary of a mad mother to be,’ on my friend Anna’s recommendation (she’s due at the beginning of November). It’s a great read- definitely a funny and engaging book. And my God, it’s like this woman is me. Seriously! All of the little neurotic tendencies I have, she has. It is great- I don’t feel like I’m totally mad.

No comments: