Spring

Friday 31 August 2007

25 weeks, 5 days

I had another hospital appointment. I think they have actually mixed up my times and given me a few extra appointments. I’m not complaining… I suppose any chance to check on the bun in the oven is a good thing. It was a fairly quick scan, blood pressure check and check for protein in my urine (all came back fine). The doctor asked if we had found out the sex and I said ‘no, but I’m dying to know’. He then teased me a bit and said that he knew and could tell me. I REALLY REALLY want to know!! I know it will make the last few weeks more exciting and maybe I'll be able to deal with the labour a bit better, but I just want to know dammit!

He took measurements of the abdomen and our little one looks like a porker!! The baby’s measurements put him/her at 27 weeks, 1 day- a whole 10 days ahead of schedule. S/he is also 1.01 kg or 2.23 pounds! Already!! This puts him/her in the 90th centile- I still don’t fully understand what that means, but I’m guessing it means that s/he is above average. The doctor actually said, ‘you’re sure feeding your little one well’. Cheeky bugger! Considering I am really lacking on the baby bump front, I was just thrilled to know that some of my weight gain is actually made up of the baby! I’m 15 pounds up. Which is a bit much, really- but since the baby is pretty heavy??

I have no energy. I attribute this entirely to the fact that I am not exercising at all. It’s completely ridiculous and will change today. I’m in yoga tonight, but it’s not the most aerobic thing I could be doing. I know my energy levels will improve once I get my fat arse up and start moving about. I need to stop being so lazy. I have no excuses anymore- no house to worry about, no moving to be frustrated over… just need to get this booty of mine moving!! Walking is free. Plus, I’m still paying a freakin’ gym membership. Hello???
I’m going to start looking at prams and furniture this weekend while Ollie is in Liverpool. I haven’t had any money, nor has my head been in the right place to think about all of the stuff I need for the little one. I’m going to start compiling lists of things I/we need and prices and (hopefully) allocating them out to the relatives to buy! He he. Baby shower & bridal showers are not the done thing over here, so I don’t get the advantage of a bunch of pre-chosen gifts before baby’s arrival. That’s not to say that you don’t get gifts, but I would dare say they’ll be more than likely clothes rather than more practical items. I think I might still do a bit of a list and casually mention it to friends.

3 comments:

Heather-Anne said...

Finally, you updated! Looks as though it is all going well for you. I think a list is a grand idea, maybe you could do a wish list on a website or something so your american friends can through you a internet shower. Eh? Oh and we would like some belly shots please... I did it and so do you.

Lora said...

I'm so grateful for the updates! I'd love to see some belly shots. And that doctor would share if you were carrying a shebaby or a hebaby? The nerve!!! I'm dying over here!!!

Love to you and the baby and Ollie and the rest of Ireland. We'll be celebrating Labor Day over here this weekend. I'll have some beers and Morningstar Veggie Dogs for you!

Anonymous said...

Most likely. Most likely.