Spring

Wednesday 5 September 2007

27 weeks, 4 days

Attended my 3D scan last night. We are not offered these scans on the NHS, so we went to a private clinic on the Lisburn Road, 352 Medical Consulting. We had to pay £230 for a ½ hour, but in my opinion it was totally worth it. The radiologist was lovely. We did a short structural scan in 2D and then the 3D scans. It was such and amazing experience. She took a few pictures, but allowed the scan to just run at most intervals (when baby was cooperating). We saw the baby yawn and smile (I think it’s a smile) and drink and rub its wee eye with its wee hand. I’m in love. I was in love already, but it seems so much more real now. My dvd programme on my laptop allows me to capture single frames (like taking a picture), so I’ve got some pretty cool ones below…

Our gorgeous baby smiling…




The little angel…

I’m really happy that we had the scan done. I played the dvd about 10 times last night when we got home. I think it will make the last few weeks a lot easier to get through. I’m just so excited to meet him/her in person!

Everyone has been saying baby looks like a boy… what do you think??

2 comments:

Heather-Anne said...

I see a girl personallly. They are beautiful, totally worth the money.

susiemadden said...

I think it looks like Oliver. Whether its a pretty boy or pretty girl it will be brilliant, gorgeous, healthy and happy. Love mom p.s. Dimples are acceptable also!